Calls for proposals
EU funding for transport infrastructure
CEF Transport call for proposals 2019 - general envelope
The CEF Transport call 2019 has been published the 5 january 2019 and is open to Walloon applicants until 24 april 2019.
The call is divided in two parts:
- Priority 1 : project dedicated to rail freight noise reduction
- Priority 2 : projects on the comprehensive network.
This call would follow these principles :
- Only projects located on the comprehensive network are eligible.
- Only works and studies on cross-border sections are eligible. A section can be qualified as “cross-border” only if there is a written agreement between the Member States concerned about the completion of the cross-border section,
- A proposal submitted under this call can address works or studies.
- Co-funding rates are ranging from 10% of up to 40% of the total eligible costs for works and 50% for studies.
- Costs will be eligible until 31 december 2023 at the latest.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit applications for actions with a total eligible costs of no less than €500,000 for studies and no less than €1,000,000 for works,
Conditions for submitting an application:
The conditions for submitting an application are available on the following website: : 2018 CEF Transport call for proposals
The "International Affairs " Unit from the Directorate Inland Waterways and intermodality has edited a document containing the main information regarding this call(in French only) : MIE - Appel à projets enveloppe générale 2019
The procedure to be followed in Wallonia :
Applications for CEF-Transport should be approved by the concerned Member States before being submitted to the European Commission.
Consequently, all MIE projects implemented in Wallonia required the approval of the Walloon Minister in charge of transport infrastructures.
The “International Affairs Unit » from the Directorate Inland Waterways and intermodality handle the follow-up of those requests for approval.
In order to process those requests a full description of your project (including budget by activity and key steps) and the declarations required by directives « Habitats », « Birds », « EIA » and “Water Framework” must be send at the latest on 27 march 2019 to the “International Affairs Unit » by email.
CAUTION : BE AWARE THAT ALL REQUESTS SENT AFTER THIS DEADLINE WON’T BE TREATED .
Only actions in conformity with EU law and which are in line with the relevant EU policies shall be financed. Therefore, it is required, in some cases, to request one or more declaration(s) of the Walloon Public Service.
- For requirements related to directives « Habitats » (92/43/EC), « Birds » (2009/147/EC) and « EIA » (85/337/EEC), the department in charge is « Département de la Nature et des Forêts” (DG03).
- For requirements related to “Water Framework” directive the department in charge is “Département de l’Environnement” (DG03).
Contacts details of the services mentioned above are available in this document : List of the competent Walloon authorities.
Points of attention :
- If the scope of a project concerns more than one country, all countries concerned by the project are required to validate and signed the application. The dates mentioned below apply for the Walloon region but deadlines can differ from one public service to another. Please contact as soon as possible the different public services of the involved countries.
- The final decision for the approval of the application is taken by the Walloon Minister in charge of transport infrastructures.
- The Mobility and Transport FPS manages directly the following calls of proposals :
- applications concerning railway network and transport (including ERTMS)
- applications concerning innovation and greening of transports involving several Belgian regions in close collaboration with regions.
And then ?
A list of projects that will be recommended for funding will be made available at the end of september 2019 (indicative date).
General information :
For more specific questions, please contact the “International Affairs Unit » from the Directorate Inland Waterways and intermodality.
Useful websites :
L'auteur de cette publication en est le seul responsable. L'Union européenne ne saurait être tenue pour responsable de l'utilisation qui pourrait être faite des informations qui y figurent.